We hold sling meets in Darwen, Blackburn and Burnley. At these meets, trained babywearing volunteers are more than happy to help. You can get questions answered, try out any of the carriers in the library or get assistance with a sling that you may have already bought or been given.
The sling meets provide a great opportunity to meet many like-minded parents, and they are as much a social gathering of people as they are for the hiring of carriers. We make sure that all the meets are older-sibling friendly and breastfeeding friendly too.
For more details about when and where each of the sling meets happens, click on the drop-down menu above.
Do any of the following describe you?
- You want to buy a carrier but you’re not quite sure which one
- You have a carrier but have not had much luck getting a comfortable fit
- You’ve never used a baby carrier but wouldn’t mind trying
- You want to carry your baby while you carry on other activities
- You want day-time sleeps to be less of a struggle
- You want to increase your bonding time with your child and decrease the chance of post-natal depression
- You would like to learn more about the traditions of babywearing
- You are an experienced baby-wearer and want to meet like-minded people
- You would like to share your babywearing experience with others
If any of these statements describe you, than come to the sling meets!